The Makita LXT211 has become a popular item these days. More people are now doing their own home repairs and maintenance to save money, and because of this, homeowners have seen the value of purchasing their tools in combo kits. You get more for your money this way, and many great tools to make your home repairs go a lot smoother. Even many general contractors can see the value of purchasing tools together as a group. Makita is a well-known supplier of cordless tools, and especially awesome combo kits. The Makita LXT211 is one of the most popular combo kits Makita makes.
- Two-speed 1/2 inch hammer driver-drill with Makita built 4-pole motor that delivers 450 in./lbs. of max torque, and weighs only 4.2 lbs.
- Variable speed impact driver(300 RPM) that provides 1, 330 in./lbs of max torque in a compact design and weight only 3.4 lbs.
- Both tools in the Makita LXT211 have a built-in L.E.D. Light to illuminate the work area, and a rugged tool belt clip.
- Makita LXT211 Lithium-Ion battery and Energy Star rated 30 minute rapid optimum charger that produces 430% total lifetime work with 2.5X more cycles.
- Three-year warranty on the Makita LXT211 tools and one-year on batteries and charger.
The Makita LXT211 hammer and anvil impact mechanism is made with the best raw materials, with the highest quality steel, and a unique heat hardening process for maximum fastening and driving power. The hammer driver-drill has a shift-lock drive system sleeve that quickly shifts from hammer drill to driver mode, and the Makita LXT211 impact driver can deliver 3,200 impacts per minutes for a wide range of tasks.
When work projects arise you need tools that are built for a variety of applications, and the Makita LXT211 does just that. It gives you cordless solutions for drilling, hammer drilling, driving, and fastening. This is great for plumbing, electrical, remodeling, and woodworking jobs that need to be done.
What Exactly Comes With The Makita LXT211
18Volt Lithium Ion Cordless Combo Kit?
- 1/2 Inch Hammer Driver-Drill
- Impact Driver
- Two – 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Batteries
- 30 Minute Rapid Optimum Charger and Tool
What People Like About The Makita LXT211
- “The Makita LXT211 drill is powerful and the hammer action is good for cement and brick fastener drilling. The impact fastener is a beast! Light, compact, and the battery last a really long time. I’m a general contractor and have Dewalt and Milwaukee lithium tools to compare. Makita and Dewalt win this round of lithium tools. Tool quality is excellent. The LED light and belt clip are handy.”
- “Well built all around! Solid feel yet lightweight for an 18V system. Silently delivers torque and speed. The grip and rubberized body ergonomics are just about perfect. These batteries last forever! And having a backup driver is almost SINFUL. This combo replaces a 15 year old Makita Ni-Cad system, only because of battery is now obsolete. Makita has never disappointed me and the Makita LXT211 continues to deliver.”
- “I had reservations about the light feature until I found out how bright it is and that it stays on for a while. I have even taken to just using it instead of carrying a flashlight too. There is also a glow in the dark ring that helps you find the impact driver in the dark. Sounds a little silly until you find out that the light is attached to something that can drive a 12′lag screw into a glu-lam with ease. It is also small enough to fit in tight quarters and light enough to use all day without causing the tennis elbow I was getting from my 18 volt Porter Cable hammer drill. Just getting the impact driver and charger was worth the cost, but the drill is a nice bonus.”
What People Don’t Like About The Makita LXT211
- “I have owned five Makita impact drives and four cordless drills. The impacts are just awesome, but the drill, on the other hand, sucks. Yes it is powerful and works great up until the point where you can’t get the bit out of the chuck without destroying the drill. This has happened to all five.”
- “I bought a Makita LXT211, and as much as it pains me to make this comment, things need to be known. The drill made a strange sounds and a chattering or knocking on deceleration. Not the normal knock from stopping when turning at high rpm’s. This continued for two more Makita LXT211 kits I returned. The impact driver worked great. I called Makita and the technician was nice. Another representative of Makita called and offered to upgrade me to the better model hammer drill.”
The Makita LXT211 Combo Kit seems to be a powerful set of tools that will take care of jobs at home, and on the construction site. After researching over 40 reviews we have found only 3 people who had complaints about this product. Those that did have a complaint were able to get the situation taken care of by taking the Makita LXT211 back to where it was purchased, or with the Makita Corporation.
We give this cordless combo kit a thumbs up, and suggest if you need powerful tools, with a lot of torque, that you purchase the Makita LXT211 Combo Kit.
- Milwaukee 2691-22 18 Volt Compact Drill And Impact Driver Combo Kit Review
- Makita BHP452HW 18-Volt Compact Cordless Drill
- Black and Decker LDX120SB 20V MAX Lithium Ion Drill Driver Review
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!