The Dewalt name is synonymous with cordless tools; and as far back as 1924 they have manufactured some the best tools around including the DeWALT DC725KA 18-Volt Cordless Compact Hammer Drill/Driver. And, although they started out with only a few cordless tools, today that number has grown to over 200 cordless power tools, with over 800 accessories. The DeWALT company has become a major player in the industry because of their superior quality, and their caring customer service. Still, when purchasing a name brand product, it is always good to check reviews of what other customers think of the product. Reading reviews, such as this one, can save you time and money when shopping.
Before giving you the pros and cons of the DeWALT DC725KA kit, you need to know some of the great features that make this hammer/drill kit so popular.
- Powerful 18-volt motor that can deliver 410 unit watts out
Features dual-range, variable speed control from 0 to 500/0 to 1,700 rpm, and from 0 to 8,500/0 to 29,000 bpm, for precise hole placement. Handles everything from wood and steel to masonry and concrete.
- A lightweight design which helps with long hours of use
Prolonged use of most cordless drills tend to give cramps and tiredness to the hands of most people, however the design and light weight of this drill minimize this.
- Extra visibility with the LED light on the front
The LED light under the chuck gives extra light for those dark places and corners.
- Three years limited warranty, with one year free service policy.
The free one year service policy is a great bonus when it comes to power tools
- 90 day money-back guarantee.
With 90 days you have plenty of time to try this cordless drill out on several projects, with the confidence that it can be returned should it not do the task like you want it.
The DeWALT DC725KA weighs only 4.9 pounds, which minimizes user fatigue. Also the dimensions of 14.75 inches in length, 4.70 inches in width, and 13.50 inches in height, make this tool easier to fit into tight spaces. This drill has an ergonomic grip which helps keep you steady when working in those smaller areas as well. But don’t let the size fool you. The DeWALT DC725KA makes quick work of drilling and other fastening jobs. Complete with a high performance frame-less motor this tool delivers maximum power, and the LED work light really helps you see in places that you would normally be working in the dark.
The DC725KA makes it easy for you to quickly move from one project to another, without the hassle of a cord. You also will reduce your down time due to the one-hour charger. A kit comes with long-life 18 volt NiCad Batteries, to increase your work time.
What Owners of The DeWALT DC725KA Are Saying
- Dewalt touts the lowest frequency of repairs in the industry.
- Best feature is how it stands up on it’s battery.
- LED light is great addition to drills
- Most value for money on cordless drill available, may cost twice as much elsewhere
- Good trigger control, and when running at high speed the chuck stops instantly
- Plenty of power
- The hammer is great when drilling into cement.
- Comes with 2 batteries
- It makes me look around the house for reasons to use it.
- Tough Jacobs keyless chuck
- One user likes DeWALT cordless nailers but feels the DeWALT DC725KA has design flaws. I do not see it.
- Front torque selector, spindle, and gearbox are held inside by plastic ring groove.
- Kit arrived fast but batteries are the “compact” DC0900 Size instead of the larger ones.
- A user stated that the chuck loosens when hot. I tried this drill out, no problems.
- Bit needs to be 5 or 6 inches long for LED to be handy. Short tools are blocked by chuck.
What Items Are Frequently Purchased With The Dewalt DC725KA
Dewalt DW2163 HEX 37 Piece – Heat treated screw and nut driver bits are exactly what you get in this 37 piece kit. The advanced hardening process used to create these bits allows them to provide higher torque and improve driving power as well. They come neatly packaged in a heavy-duty case, made from industrial grade material.
DeWALT DW1956 Pilot Point Bit Assortment 16 Piece – This drill bit assortment comes with pilot point tips for starts on contact that result in clean, accurate holes. The bits are even designed to reduce lock-up on breakthrough.
This review has found that around 90% of the people who use this drill love it, and would buy other DeWALT tools.
To recap, in addition to the hammer drill, this kit also includes a one-hour NiCad charger, two 18-volt NiCad batteries, a screwdriver bit, and a sturdy kit box. For the price you can’t go wrong with the DeWALT DC725KA, and with the 90 day money back guarantee, you have nothing to lose.
- Dewalt DCD970KL 18-volt XRP Cordless Drill Review
- Milwaukee 2691-22 18 Volt Compact Drill And Impact Driver Combo Kit Review
- Makita BHP452HW 18-Volt Compact Cordless Drill
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!